arizona flag

Posts Tagged "defense attorney"

Setting Aside Conviction is equivalent to an Expungement

Setting Aside Conviction is equivalent to an Expungement

Arizona’s setting aside judgment law is designed to help deserving people be more productive and put their past bad decisions behind them. Once your judgment is set aside, you can answer with confidence to any inquiry, including, without limitation, an inquiry relating to an application for employment, that you have not been convicted of a crime (though, in some instance, you must also call attention to your setting aside order for felony convictions). If the crime you were convicted of was a felony, you can also apply to have your civil rights restored. Additionally, in most felony cases in state or federal court, you can apply to have your gun rights restored. If your record is in Arizona, you can use the record clearing law firm, They have an Arizona licensed attorney on staff and an office in Phoenix. They can be reached at 877-573-7273.

Please note that “Setting aside” has the same meaning as “Expunging” a record in Arizona.

Read More

Arizona Probation Termination End

How to terminate probation

Arizona introduced a revised statute (13-901E) to provide Arizonans that the trial court may terminate the period of probation and then discharge the defendant if the end of justice will be served and if the conduct of the defendant warrants it.

Once the probation is terminated you can immediately file to have your conviction set aside and dismissed – to have your record truly cleared so you can start with a new slate. This is especially true for those who were convicted of a DUI or DWI.

What do I need to do?

First you need to make sure that all fines are paid off and you must attend all classes mandated by the court. The court will look over many factors such as the need for relief, seriousness of the offense, criminal history, and the potential benefit to society. This can be get complex and therefore we recommend the services of an expungement attorney or firm.

How long will it take?

From our experience, most of our viewers have found the process takes on average between 3 to 4 months.

Who can help me?

By seeking legal assistance from a setting-aside or expungement law firm, you can greatly increase your chances to have your record set aside. The most popular one being the law firm since they focus specifically on criminal record clearing.

Read More